- only collect Personal Information from you with your prior knowledge and consent. You can access our website and browse the site without disclosing Personal Information;
- only use Personal Information provided by you for the purposes for which it was collected and we will not disclose your Personal Information to a third party without your consent;
- ensure that your Personal Information will not be disclosed unless the law requires it or to prevent or investigate suspected unlawful activity;
- implement security technology and policies, rules and measures to protect the Personal Information under our control against unauthorised access, improper use, alteration, unlawful or accidental destruction and accidental loss; and
- remove Personal Information from our systems where it is no longer required (except where archiving is required).
Collection of Information
Some information provided to us by clients, customers, contractors and other third parties might be considered private or personal. Without these details we would not be able to carry on our business and provide our services to you. We will only collect such Personal Information if it is necessary for one of our functions or activities.
In particular, “Personal Information” includes your name, address, contact details, your email address, your use of the LP Products and the amount that you have paid to us for our Products and in some cases, your credit card details you provide to us.Personal Information also includes financial information that you may provide to us when we are investigating the establishment of credit facilities for your monthly account.
Personal Information is collected by us when you:
- establish or access an account for credit with LP;
- order and purchase LP Products from us;
- conduct certain types of transactions such as purchases or refunds;
- submit your e-mail address to our website mailing list;
- place an order with us or on our website to purchase goods, we may require you to provide us with contact information including your name, address, telephone number or email address and financial information (such as credit card details).
Financial information is Personal Information under the Privacy Act and that information may be collected via the website or through the trade Terms and Conditions which are used by us to invoice you for products and services. Any financial information that is collected is for the purposes of transaction approval and funds transfer. The financial information we collect from you is strictly confidential and held on secure servers in controlled facilities.
Use of Information Collected and Disclosure of Personal Information to Others
We may use or disclose Personal Information held about an individual for the primary purpose for which it is collected and on provision of your Personal Information to LP, you consent to LP:
- collecting, storing and processing the Personal Information that you provide to LP;
- creating a database record about you;
- notification to you about changes to our services or Product lines and specifications;
- contacting you with information that we consider may be of interest to you (unless you have asked us not to);
- utilising your Personal Information for training purposes;
- verifying Personal Information submitted by you;
- utilising Personal Information submitted by you for internal statistical purposes;
- using your Personal Information for internal technical maintenance; and
- collecting your Personal Information for our own internal commercial purposes.
Your Personal Information will only be disclosed to persons outside the LP business in the circumstances set out in this policy and in accordance with the Privacy Act and Principles.LP will not make your Personal Information available to any third parties except as detailed on the LP Credit Application Form if you are applying for credit facilities with us.
There is no requirement for you to divulge Personal Information when you access LP’s website.However, in order to maintain a level of communication and adhere to the Terms and Conditions of Use of LP’s website, your Personal Information will be required should you wish to take advantage of our website features, online purchase of Products or using our services.
LP is permitted to use or disclose Personal Information held about you where:
- you have consented to the use or disclosure;
- we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is necessary to lessen or prevent a serious, immediate threat to someone’s health or safety or public health or safety;
- we reasonably suspect that unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in and the use or disclosure is a necessary part of our investigation or in reporting the matter to the relevant authorities;
- such use or disclosure is required under or authorised by law (for example, to comply with a subpoena, a warrant or other order of a court or legal process);
- we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is necessary for prevention, investigation, prosecution and punishment of crimes or wrongdoings or the preparation for, conduct of, proceedings before any court or tribunal or the implementation of the orders of a court or tribunal by or on behalf of an enforcement body.
Links on Website
LP’s website may contain links to other websites and those third party websites may collect Personal Information about you. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other businesses or the content of websites that are linked to our website.LP encourages you to be aware when you click on a link you will leave LP’s website and be bound by the policies and terms and conditions of the linked website.You must read the privacy statements of each and every website to which you provide your Personal Information and that collects personally identifiable information.
Security and Storage
LP places a great importance on the security of all information associated with our customers, clients and contractors. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse, unauthorised access and alteration of Personal Information under our control. Personal Information is de-identified or destroyed securely when no longer required by LP. LP retains the information you provide to us including your contact and credit card details to enable us to verify transactions and customer details and to retain adequate records for legal, accounting and reporting purposes. This information is held on secure servers in controlled facilities. Personal Information stored within our computer systems can only be accessed by those entrusted with authority and computer network password sanctions.
However, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. As a result, while we strive to protect and use all reasonable endeavours to protect your Personal Information with our security measures that are in place, LP accepts no responsibility for any unanticipated unauthorised access that occurs.
LP does not warrant the security of any information transmitted to it or from your online access to its Products or services and you do so at your own risk.Once LP receives your transmission, it makes every effort to ensure its security on its systems. Ultimately, you are solely responsible for keeping your passwords and/or account information secret. You should be careful and responsible whenever you are online accessing LP’s website.
Cookies and Security
Access to and Correction of Personal Information
LP is committed to maintaining accurate, timely, relevant and appropriate information about its customers, clients and website users. If your Personal Information changes, you must email LP with the updated details of your Personal Information to ensure accuracy at all times. You may also request us to provide to you, the current data that we are holding about your Personal Information but if we refuse to provide you with access or details of your Personal Information, we will provide reasons for such refusal.
If you become aware of any ongoing concerns or problems with the use of the LP website, we will take these issues seriously and work to address these concerns.
You may also lodge your complaint by mail to Luxury Paints Pty Ltd, 8 Manburgh Terrace, Darra.QLD 4076 or should you wish to contact us by telephone, do so on (07) 3375 3199.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of this procedure then you may request that an independent person investigate your complaint.You may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner, GPO Box 5218, Sydney, New South Wales 2001 on telephone number 1300 363 992 or by email on email@example.com.
Updated as at 01 September 2018.